Help Lines & Self-Help Information

Help Lines & Self-Help Information

12-Step Program (Self-Help Group)

Processed Food Anonymous World Services PFA:

Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. AA:

Narcotics Anonymous World Services NA:

Twelve-step fellowships for loved ones, family, friends, or colleagues of the processed food addict include:

  • PFA-Anon
  • Al-Anon Al-ateen
  • Nar-Anon
  • Na-ateen

There is a large supply chain of cds, dvds, literature, services and products in the broad field of addiction: Here are just a few examples to begin with.

The AA website for a selection of videos and audios and literature.

Hazelden Publishing



Eating Disorders

If you are inquiring about eating disorders I suggest to seek a psychologist specialising in this area and or click on the following links:

The Butterfly Foundation

The Bronte Foundation


Attend a 12-step self-help group such as:



Country Helplines

Please call your country helpline if in crisis.


Lifeline Australia — 13 11 14 Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention


Lifeline Crisis Chat (IM, also 1-800-273-TALK) Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Crisis Text Line (all ages, 24/7, text MATTERS to 741741) Online PEER Support Chat (LGBTQ, IM, also 1-888-843-4564)


Canada Suicide Prevention Service (CSPS), by Crisis Services Canada, enables callers anywhere in Canada to access crisis support using the technology of their choice (phone, text or chat), in French or English: Phone: toll-free 1-833-456-4566 Available 24/7

Text: 45645 Available 5 PM – 1 AM. ET

Chat: Available 5 PM – 1 AM ET


Volunteer for Crisis. 66 Commercial Street, London, E1 6LT Tel: 0300 636 1967 Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094.

Have a question for
Dr Raymond?

Let her know what's on your mind.

Contact Details

Upcoming Events

No Events Found

Please note neither Dr Karren-Lee Raymond (PhD) nor anyone else at Karren-Lee Addictionology® are medical doctors or registered psychologists. Dr Raymond (PhD) holds degrees in psychology, counselling and a PhD in addiction studies. Dr Raymond (PhD) services are particularly limited to addiction and counselling. Please refer any general health related matters, including the potential diagnosis of any condition, and or any information regarding prescription medicine to your G.P., psychiatrist or to a suitably qualified practitioner.